[ SHOWGSD-L ] Many GSDs are in CRITICAL STATUS THIS MORNING!

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 04:28:39 -0800 (PST)

Hating to start the day out with this type of news, but unfortunatley, it is
now down to the wire for many of these dogs.
There is a GSD pup in Kaplan Louisiana at the Vermillion Parish AC who is
slated for euth tomorrow. He is only 6 months old; OBVIOUSLY a purebred and is
TOTALLY placeable. We have no volunteers in this area! LHSH will pay for his
neuter and vaccinations. If you have someone who is looking for a nice
companion puppy, he would definetly fill the bill!
There is also a female in Little Rock Arkansas who has had no one to come for
her.
Her petfinder site is
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/lasthopegsds/printadd?forum=100979
She has no name...is VERY thin and can be euthanized at any time.
Please take a moment to go to our website and click on the forum link; follow
the "Urgents" section to see the many dogs who are in need at this time! We
have VERY limited fosters and as you all know, the rescues are full to
capacity.
The pregnant female in Reidsville gave birth to 3 still born puppies and has
gotten a commitment from a Rescue organization. Haunna will be picked up today,
according to Loretta at this facility.
It has been a weekend of scrambling to set up transports. We have a pup in WVA
who needs a ride to his forever home in SC. We also have 5 purebred pups coming
from Murfreesboro Tennessee to Holly Hill SC on Feb. 9. Dena, our
LHSH transport coordinator is attempting to fill legs of this journey. These
babies have preapproved homes awaiting them; all they need is a ride!

  Due to the current mortgage crisis, the trickle down effect is that a great
many dogs are loosing THEIR homes as their owners are forced to move into
apartments that do not allow pets. Please help us help them by remembering
LHSH when you make out a donation check to your favorite charity. The cost of
saving ONE dog breaks down like this:

 Pull fees (sometimes we have to pay them, sometimes not) avg  from 0 to 48$
 s/n...while we OFTEN get a reduced rate, it can average from 80$ to 180$
 vaccinations ......depending on the facility, anywhere from 0 to 20$
 HW testing is usually 17$...can be up to 20$

Example...the five pups in Tennessee cost us 400$ for pull fees and part of the
cost of the s/n which will be done today. There was another 160$ involved for
board until we are able to move them and also to isolate them to avoid any
cross contamination on transports. We were able to hook up with an all breed
rescue there who had someone that would board them at a VERY reduced rate. This
is not always the case.

I would like to take this opportunity to all of you who have supported this
endeavor with your donations, prayers, well wishes, networking and transport.
To so many of these dogs, we ARE their last hope....we need to be their
Safe Haven as well.
Thank you!!
Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Lasthopesafehaven.com