[ SHOWGSD-L ] Manitoba Futurity

  • From: "frank fasano" <f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ShowGSD04" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:35:07 -0500

Just got home from Canada- actually got a little scared that I would not be
able to Judge on Sunday when the border guys stopped us for an hour- Seemed
they were in disbelief that someone would drive to Canada from Iowa to judge a
dog show- they don't know us crazy dog people very well- they asked for
passports or birth certificates folks- maybe because of the recent activity up
there - but those going to show  up there better have at least a birth
certificate and they want the ones with raised seals-no copies-
Anyway  want to thank the Manitoba club  for their great hospitality- Mellie a
new member up there hunted for a room so I could take Desi with- Desi loves
loves  loves sleeping in the bed- but my kennel help decided last weekend was a
good time to take  vacation, which left me very concerned but the vet techs
daughter stepped in and did a great job- the hard part was the bitch that
thinks she is a German shepherd ( most of mine think they are labs) and had a
litter still nursing- but Katie must be learning from the dog whisperer and did
great with two days exposure to the bitch- relief- anyway since the trip was
cut short by the lack of kennel help poor Desi had to stay home and all Mellies
work was for not.
Anyway the club up there put on a first class dinner Saturday night-lots of
door prizes and a piano player- up scale
Had a fun time judging on Sunday- only one dog seemed off on the individuals,
good teeth and all the dogs were shown well on a loose lead- really appreciated
the opportunity to judge such nice dogs.
Came home via Eau Claire, WI  to pick up seven Bailey kids that were with Randy
and Darlene- They were really good puppies  - after the first hour they slept
all the way home.
Hope I can drive just to work and home tomorrow-Kris