[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Man Faces Felonies in Deaths of 2 Dogs

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wynsum@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 10:55:32 -0700 (PDT)

Seems to me that he probably was not allowed to fire a gun at all where he was
if it was not open country.  I know in most places you cannot fire a gun
without being in hunting territority or at a shooting range.
  sheila
Doc Zoe <wynsum@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  On 16 May 2008, at 9:49, Doris E wrote:

>He wouldn't be charged in PA, where it is absolutely legal to shoot a dog
> "worrying" stock or running deer, turkeys, etc.

REPLY>

He was CHARGED IN PA where it is NOT legal to shoot a dog for chasing deer or
turkey - he
said he was told by someone that he could do that. Obviously not a game warden!
Again, in this case, the owner was near the dog. There was no livestock
involved and the owner
could have easily been shot and killed as well!!

He was also not in a farm area so he might even be charged with discharging a
weapon in a
safety zone - which is 1000 yds from a domicile

Doc Zoe
Wynsum http://wynsumgsd.com