[ SHOWGSD-L ] Male puppies in NJ, NY

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 18:43:38 -0500

As a breeder, you decide which one of your pups you are willing to sell
into pet homes and which ones you want to hold back for potential show
homes. If I was breeding a bitch to "Joe Smoe's" dog down the street
and was just looking to produce a pet litter, than maybe they could have
the pick of the litter. But coming into my home looking for the pick of
the litter after I just bred to a top stud dog with a top
bitch?...............it's not going to happen. Also, the people who
come to buy from me, have to pass MY inspection first. So these people
that are VERY DEMANDING to begin with, would be met with a VERY
DEMANDING seller. I just don't sell my puppies to just anyone. I have
to feel good about the people where my puppies are concerned or they
stay with me until I find the right homes for them. I brought them into
the world, and it's my responsibility to get them into the best homes I
can find for them. Even then there's no guarantee. They want
guarantees the puppies temperaments are going to be good for the first
two years of their life. How do I know what these people are going to
be like for those first two years that they own my dog? Unless they can
prove to be that they are everything they say they are (and they can't),
don't ask me to prove something to you two years down the line, because
I can't either. Matching the correct puppy with the correct owner is
the first step in the right direction. Everything else is chance from
then on in. That's why I've been known to cry when selling some of my
puppies, because I KNOW the love they get from me. No one can guarantee
me anything and yet they want me to guarantee them everything. I don't
think so.......in fact I know they can't. In life there's too many
variables. Best, Barbara Galasso