[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Maladies & a small brag

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:28:47 -0800

This IS a very mysterious malady that seems to affect any competition dog at
one time or another
during their career....whether conformation show,  herding trials, agility,
etc.   I think it has been
around long enough that we need to come up with a term for it!!
Obviously it seems to be more prevelant when a Competition is farther, more
expensive, more
important for their career or the last competition of the season and the last
chance for a win for a
while,  or the perfect judge for that dog.   Oddly it never seems to affect a
family pet that is never
entered in any kind of competition!!
SoOOoo  the name of this weird malady should include any term tied in with
competing.
examples:
0-Catt   ( Zero competition at this time )
Weffo   ( Wasted entry form filled out )
Oocs    ( Out of competition syndrome  )
Mona    ( Make owner nuts ailment )
              or
              my husbands all time favorite.....
Pas      ( p-ss and surrender )   <G>

Meantime........CONGRATULATIONS Denise!!   <G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

Today at Agathon Kennel Club, Chopper went WD for another point, owner handled
for a   total
of 7pts., one major.  Chopper is formally known as Bleibtreu's Ransom of
Coda,CGC,
(Bailey x Coda's Cherry Blossom ROM.)  He is bred by Don and Ingrid Smith, and
Sharon Polifrone.
Chop spend the summer herding, and despite the confusion of his handler, passed
the HT.

I'm not much into hype, but I do love this dog, and he's got some handsome kids
on the ground.
Phoenix missed her debut in the ring today because of a mysterious incident.
She limped for
10 days and she seemed just find when I let her out of the crate after the
show:(

Denise WilliamsChopper, Chase, Phoenix and Flare