[ SHOWGSD-L ] Making a List and checking it twice

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 11:44:01 -0500

           MAKING A LIST AND CHECKING IT TWICE, GONNA FIND OUT WHO'S
NAUGHTY AND NICE

by

Barbara J. Galasso

'Tis the season to be jolly!  Or if you can't be jolly, how about being
nice?  It's still morning here in New York and by some of the e-mail
that I've read already this morning, I can see the direction the day is
going in already on the List.  Today started on a real big "band aid"
OUCH day!  Did somebody add a little too much "sarcasm" and mix it with
"my way or the highway" attitude, and then stir it up with a pinch of
"I've been in this breed longer so it makes me the authority and you
have no right to an opinion if it disagrees with mine" in their egg nog
this morning?

I seen Connie's (as in Beckhardt's) name mentioned a couple of times in
the e-mails quoting something she said about looking at puppies.  Wise
words from a wise woman.  But I'm sure she wouldn't be too pleased to
know she was being used in someone's argument to "bring home a point."
She was one of my mentors, and a true friend and someone who I looked up
to.  Plus as an added bonus, she was a class act.  Sure could use some
of her class and kindness today.  I can hear her say, "Barbara dear,
don't get caught up in idle gossip and watch who you choose your friends
to be in this breed for not all have your best interest at heart."
"Stay away from those who don't."  I can say I truly loved this woman
and although gone for many years now, her influence on the breed which
she loved so much, as well as the people who were fortunate to have
known her will be felt for years.  Seeing and talking to her dear
husband Ted at the National this year, one can tell she is never far
from his thoughts even to this day.

This time of year is indeed, a time for reflection........to look back
at what we have done, to pray for those who are no longer with us as we
find ourselves missing them even more during the holidays because
they're not sitting across the table from us asking us to pass the
gravy, those who need our care and attention now, appreciate and
celebrate each one's differences, learn from one another, know it's
perfectly your right to have your opinion, but also know that it's
equally all right for someone to have theirs, realize because someone
disagrees with you, doesn't mean he dislikes you, he just dislikes your
statement, touch hearts in a positive way, thank the good Lord for all
our many gifts, (and I don't mean the one's under the tree), practice
kindness instead of bitterness, teach by being a good example,
compliment rather than criticize, and love rather than hate.  So have a
holly, jolly "what ever you celebrate".  It's okay to be a little
"naughty",(wink, wink), but let's practice "nice".

My holiday wish to ALL of you is that your homes are warm enough from
the winter cold, that your friends, family and dogs are healthy and
safe, that you remember those that are less fortunate then you, and that
you have enough food on your table to fill your belly, and enough love
in your heart to nourish your soul.  Happy Holidays,  Barbara Galasso