[ SHOWGSD-L ] Make the AOE Even Harder

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 22:57:30 EDT

In a message dated 7/27/2009 3:33:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
In 2007  we had 38 selects at our National.  In 2008 we had 6 dogs that
earned  their AOE. We definitely need to make it harder and maybe no one will
get  their AOE in 2010. How about Herding Champion or maybe UDX, not just a
measley  CD or HT.

Would someone explain to me why we need to make it harder to enjoy  our
sport?

I keep hearing this stuff from people, and yet, no one has told me the
value of making it harder to feel successful in our chosen field.  Should  we
make the bowling alley longer, the grand slam in bridge only done with 12
cards, picture stamps in the book that were never minted, and make all car
races  to require three wheels with air, and one flat?

If we chose to show dogs, why make it harder to win? All that will do is
convince people to give up.

I had a big argument with someone I admire who wanted to make it harder to
finish a champion, require more champions to make an ROM, and limits to
pick  Selects. I asked why he wanted to make it less fun, and it said, then
people  could appreciate it more.

I think those who win, appreciate it.  While those who don't want to  make
it harder.  And, if anyone wants to make this personal, it does not  work
with Ann, no one has won more than her.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/