[ SHOWGSD-L ] Major points

  • From: Tindrock1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 09:16:27 EDT

I feel that people should work together to try to build majors where they
might not ordinarily be majors.  Most of the time, I have been asked 'what
I have' that I can put in to help build a major.  When I have puppies, I am
very happy to oblige because I really don't expect to win with a  puppy.
If I think I'd like to compete for a BP, I will try to get a  handler.  If
not, I pick up someone at ringside or have a friend take the  puppy in.  I
also have a very extreme (new ROM waiting parent club  approval) that I know
is too extreme to win, and I have put her in to build a  major.  We have a
great all breed handler in upstate NY (who I miss  terribly) who knows which
judges would like a certain client's dogs, so we all  help building various
majors because we know at some point it will be 'our turn'  to show (I didn't
say 'win') under a judge with that handler thinking ours will  have a
chance to win at a later show.  Plus, don't forget, you can't  win if you don't
show and many times I've won under judges that I didn't think I  would win
under and viola, we win.  So, my opinion is try to work together  to build
majors whenever and wherever you can.  It helps everyone.   Sometimes someone
just needs a major reserve for an ROM, a deserving dog of  course.  That's
just my 2 cents..........Cheryl  Olson/Tindrock