[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: MY PERCEPTION/Long - The REAL statute

  • From: "Margery Golant" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>, <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>, "'gsd showlist'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:02:08 -0400

Give me a break !!!

Since I KNOW that Kris knows how to read, I cannot believe that she failed
to read the OTHER section of New York Statutes, entitled "REMOVAL OF
OFFICERS" - which says:

S 714. Removal of officers.

  (a) Any officer elected or appointed BY THE BOARD may be removed by the
board with or without cause. An officer elected BY THE MEMBERS or a class of
members may be removed, with or without cause, ONLY BY THE VOTE OF THE
MEMBERS or such class of members, but his authority to act as an officer may
be suspended by the board for cause.

  (b) The removal of an officer without cause shall be without prejudice to
his contract rights, if any. The election or appointment of an officer shall
not of itself create contract rights.

  (c) An action to procure a judgment removing an officer for cause may be
brought by the attorney-general, by any director, by ten percent of the
members, whether or not entitled to vote, or by the holders of ten

percent of the face value of the outstanding capital certificates,
subvention certificates or bonds having voting rights. The court may bar
from re-election or reappointment any officer so removed for a period

fixed by the court.

As Ginny has explained, "for cause" entails very serious wrongdoing, of
which there was none.  The letter which was sent to me after the "hearing"
says that I was found "guilty" of "violations" [violations of what ???] and
that as a result, the Board has voted to "REMOVE" me, which is an express
violation of the above-cited statute.

There was no action taken "against [my] authority to act" - nor could there
be, since there was no CAUSE.