[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: MY PERCEPTION - The CORRECT Statute

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx>, <f.fasano@xxxxxxx>, <CagGra@xxxxxxx>, <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>, <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:26:41 -0400

I cannot speak for everyone nor would I want to. I CAN speak for myself.  I
have NEVER voted with a hidden agenda in mind, I came to this board with a
blank blackboard, having no previous opinions regarding the individuals I
looked forward to serving with as far as their ability to serve the
membership was concerned.  I KNOW there are others on the board that also
vote according to what they deem is BEST FOR THE CLUB (MEMBERS AND DOGS)
The cry to "THROW THE BUMS OUT -RAILROAD THEM ALL OUT"  would mean that a
lot of experience and talent would be lost - out the window.  I  also
believe that new people should always be brought in -  as Rita pointed out
consistency is important and it takes some time to take hold of the
process - a BOARD made up of all first time Board Members would flounder in
it's best intentioned efforts.

I hope that we can break the law of averages & learn by experience,---- what
a concept!!!!!- Unfortunately, some came to the current Board with "SIDES
ALREADY TAKEN" as a result of previous personal battles fought on the battle
field of previous Boards. .  My point here is that REGARDLESS of who does or
does not get elected,  some from 'BOTH VIEWPOINTS' will probably make up the
next Board  - SO UNLESS, we get BEYOND personalities, start with a clean
blackboard  history WILL most likely repeat itself much to the determent of
our club.  .
So candidates, if nothing else, let's all  make an oath to ourselves,
solemnly swearing that  we will "delete" from our brains, any and all
preconceived opinions of others - regardless of past or declared positions
or other and commit to working in a non-partisan manner to accomplish goals.
Nancy Harper