[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: MY LIFE

  • From: RChesnut70502@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 20:20:35 EDT

In a message dated 5/26/05 6:29:01 PM Central Daylight Time, PUD709  writes:
You guys are getting crazy.  Being on the board has nothing to do  with being
a current exhibitor.   Members who are not currently  exhibiting but have put
in twenty or thrity years before exhibiting may be  more into what exhibiting
is all about and also have that many years of  knowledge.   I would rather
have a board member who exhibited for  twenty or thirty years and is now
retired
from that  than a hot shot  exhibitor who wants to be on the board. Not
saying that current exhibitors  shouldnot be board members.   Just that we
should
choose knowledge  and integrity over someoe who is a curent exhibitor.  My
exhibitor being  conformation, obedience, tracking, herding etc. it seems to e
that the most  popular vote getters are the ones that post the most.  if they
are
the  ones that are best for the board- go for it- but look into the records
and  breedings of these people. Not all of the people who want to run for the
board  can afford it and I think this should be taken into consideration and
also  looked at by the PC.   We need quality and not a lot of off the cuff
opinions.  Vote the best ones to the board and then allow them to make
decisions.
 Too many years I have listened to the list saying what great  board members
their choices are going to make and then have the posts reflect  otherwise.  I
have been a PC member since 1963 and have gone through many  boards and
officers, but we still want the best for our breed.  Vote for  and nominate for
your breed and no other reason.   Marion  Lawrence

Marion asked that I send this.  She is having trouble doing so.   I think it
has merit.