[ SHOWGSD-L ] MY HEART DOG IS GONE

  • From: "solanagsd" <solanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:14:40 -0400

                           JULY 12,1996    JUNE 30, 2009

SOLANA LUROS' BEAUTIFUL LOSER OFA , TDI, CGC-  AKA "FUZZY"
Sire- CH Solana's Saturday Night Special OFA H&E TC (Uzi son)
Dam- Luros' Francesca OFA H & E TC (Excalibur daughter)

11 days shy of her 13th birthday my beautiful Fuzz has crossed over the bridge.

Fuzz always traveled to the beat of a different drum and anyone that knew her
will tell you that.  She was a constant source of JOY to me her whole life. A
house dog since she was 6 months old, never causing a moments trouble,  my
constant
companion and friend. Fuzzy slept on the bed until just a few months ago when it
became to hard for her to get on and off. I then placed her bed next to mine
where I could reach out and touch her in the night, and know she was alright.
Much to my disappointment she only gave me one puppy , CH Solana's Moondance TC.

Regardless of the weather she HAD to go out each day and supervise the feeding
and caring of the youngsters. She did this on Monday night and I had no idea
that this would be the last night that she would keep the youngsters in line.
Tuesday morning we went thru our normal ritual and when I opened the fridge
to make my lunch her head was right there trying to see if there was anything
she might steal....I gave her a slice a bread as I did each morning and she took
it to HER rug to eat it. Finished getting ready for work and when I left I
bent down and kissed her head and said "Take care of the house, see ya when
I get home from work". I got home about 6 and she came into the bedroom
while I changed my clothes and followed me out and laid on her rug..I didn't
think anything of it until I opened the fridge door and she didn't get up and
come to see what I was doing....I looked over at her and she had "the look" in
her eyes...I took her temp it was almost 105, gums pale and tacky. I called
her vet who said bring her now. I had to carry her to the van...it was the
longest drive I have ever made cause in my heart I KNEW I would be going
HOME ALONE. Her Doc took one look and said its time....She came back into
the room with a smile on her face and said "You know I never remember dogs
registered names, but Fuzzy I will never forget BEAUTIFUL LOSER...
With tears streaming down my face I held her in my arms once last time and
told her what a wonderful girl she had always been and that I  loved her and
would see her again.  And as she crossed to the bridge my tears bathed her
face.

Fuzzy my dear sweet heart dog I was so proud to be owned by you! Life will
never be the same and there will never be another one like you!
Go on the wings of the angels...til we meet again...I loved you, you were my
heart!

Deborah Gebhard
Solana Shepherds, MI

Thanks to Barbara Galasso for framing my favorite picture of her !