[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: MUSHROOMS....?!

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gailbauman1@xxxxxxx>, "ShowGSDs" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 14:09:54 -0500

Oh, whatta Vet --- indeed mushrooms and toadstools/etc. are bad for sure.
They are fungus growths themselves of course.  I know of
no way to prevent them from growing but you did right to destroy them as
they arrived.  Some folks don't know the difference and can
mess up themselves if the try to eat the wrong kind.   Check with a nursery
nearby to see what they say about a way to prevent them from
growing back but I'm not sure there is a way.    Anyway, as I said, you did
right by getting rid of them, what ever they were.    Norma