[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: MOVMENT

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jo_elsgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 09:07:28 -0800

Hi Joan:

Welcome to the new world of GSD's courtesy of the powerful breeders/handlers
in the game who play the Target Practice breeding theory (you know, breed as
many high quality bitches to a dog and you'll hit the target eventually) and
use their considerable showing politico to show the resulting progeny to
achieve these "producing" titles.  Not exactly what I signed up for as a
breeder when I started -- you know, breed judiciously, sparingly, and hope
for the best.

I am so pleased to have seen a dog like Army of One become our Grand Victor
-- a truly exceptional piece of Dog flesh and one I've loved since I saw his
picture in the review going "reserve" at his regional futurity.  He
represents all the prerequisites to be a GV, IMO -- exceptional type
(although maybe not the prettiest GV we've had), outstanding secondary sex
characteristics, and he is one of the best moving GV's we had in many a
year.

Maybe people who want to be true breeders and not just those in search of
wins will actually study Army on DVD repetitively and try to breed one like
HIM instead of the ones we're seeing from the current group of "producers".

My only hope is that GV Army actually produces himself regularly, but that
will remain to be seen in time I guess.

Kathaleen Strong