[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: MORE thoughts about 'permanent' nationals...........

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cherlyngsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 09:08:43 -0800

I think surveys of All Breed Clubs and shows don't have a lot to do with our
GSD Nationals!   <G>
I do think on this one we have to appreciate the Board and Show Chair a lot
more than we seem to at times.
They are bound to the P & P Manual and what is required for a National
location.   There is no way they
can please all of us....and especially those who continue to only want a
National in their back yard or they
just won't go.   There are locations across the Country where it just simply
is not feasible nor suitable!

A few years ago there was no Herding, Rally, nor much Agility.  The Herding
venue alone has a lot of requirements
from availability of "good" sheep...arenas...requirements for Host Hotels
and how many hotels and restaurants are
within a certain distance....and then the  big one.....AIRPORTS.   Also,
supporting Clubs are losing members and
getting smaller.    It is literally one of the toughest jobs to find the
perfect National site....and we really need to
appreciate all the work put into it.
I literally have NEVER been to a National site that I hated.  They all have
flaws and they all have something we
like better than anything else.
The only National site I would hate is the one that we absolutely cannot get
to with a dog.   To me it doesn't matter
much where it is...as long as EVERYONE can fly there WITH A DOG...or drive
there within reason.   Two days of
hard driving IS doable.  Three days of hard driving makes it really really
tough.
For this reason alone  ( IMO )  the National sites need to stay more Central
and 'central' to the East or West.
I really don't care if they are permanent or not permanent.

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

On Behalf Of Lyn Chernak   Subject:  Re: thoughts about nationals...........
..........The results showed that the majority wanted rotation, however the
board chose to veto the results.
Unless you have a majority of Board members that will represent the majority
of the membership all the
oting and surveys are meaningless. If you don't like where the National is
held or the way it got there....
don't go. I prefer rotation, but that is just my opinion.   Lyn Chernak
  _____

Subject:  thoughts about nationals...........
( Survey ) done by AKC for all breeds that showed that the income dropped
when a clubs national specialty
moved to a new site, but increased when a clubs nationals were in the same
location 2-3 years in a row.
Me, I prefer to go to somewhere new....Molly