[ SHOWGSD-L ] !! MEXICO !! OLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • From: Iza Kabuska-Ackerman <izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:31:18 -0400

What a fabulous time I had in Mexico visiting my VERY good friends, Carlos &
Julie Arguimbau !!! (owners of last year's GVX)  Two days spent at Carlos'
home, just hanging out and looking at puppies and dogs, then 2 days at dog
shows where our very own esteemed judges, Carmen Battaglia and Michele Chaloux
judged ALL day; then to top it off, we all went to Acapulco aka PARADISE  (not
Carmen & Michele - just me and Carlos & family).  Carlos showed some beautiful
puppies and dogs at the show, including my very own CH Karizma's Tuscany, who I
sent to Carlos last year after he finished here.  In Mexico, he won BOB both
days and first in Group !!!  A puppy of Carlos' one day went Winners Bitch,
Best Puppy, Best Puppy in Group, and maybe even a higher title - I don't
remember - lol   The great handler of these dogs was one of the owners of our
GVX - Miguel !!!! (I must convince him to come to our National again this year
- I am running out of handlers - lol )  Dog shows are alive and well in MEXICO
!!!!!!!!  What was super was that they played "pop" music over the loudspeaker
all day !  it was a really cool & a pleasant surprise - we should do this at
some our dog shows - I think it gives people energy !
Thanks for reading !

PS  The 2 dog shows were held in a beautiful spot outside of Mexico City in the
mountains !!!  I had to first go to a Wal-Mart & buy a long-sleeved sweatshirt
~ at certain times during the day if the sun went behind a cloud, it was
FREEZING !!!!  but the dogs surely loved the weather !

Iza Kabuska
http://www.Karizmashepherds.com