[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: MEMBERSHIP LIST AND THE PC SITE

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 06:22:36 -0800 (PST)

I agree.  I think that the members only site is ridiculous.  Very out of date
with nothing useful or interesting.  I wrote Lew and Bill offering my services
to "own" keeping that section up to date and useful.  No response except for
Lew telling me to email Bill.  I have the drive ann skill to do this for the
club and yet am feeing "shut down".  Well, screw it.  You can lead a horse to
water........
  This is so typical.  Cynthia

<hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I would like to get off the Hunte topic for just a moment to discuss the
PC site.Since the subject has come up about getting into the membership
portion of the site I figured this would be as good a time as any to bring
up some other issues about the site.Frist let me say I truly appreciate the
efforts of keeping up the site and all the changes that need to be made is
a chore.However the site has a few "issues". I have spoken with a few Board
members, privately about these issues for about a year or so, although the
members agree and others who have visited the site agree, nothing seems to
be happening to fix the issues, or at least not happening fast enough. so I
am just going to be direct about this..I apologize in advance if I hurt
some ones feelings! In my opinion..the PC site..for a lack of a better
description looks like an "angry fruit salad"..If this is being
professionally done..we need our money back! the colors clash..the animated
graphics are too juvenile looking. the font type varies from page to
page...it is an artistic train wreck.I also find it hard to navigate
because it is not visually friendly. It also lacks continuity. Each page
should share a similar format..both in font and graphically.I also have
suggested "nicely" that perhaps the puppy page and all other pages that
have paid ads, have breeders listed under the state they reside in..and
under each state heading be alphabetized..to me this is common sense and
gives equal billing to all who have paid their annual fee.Other breed PC
sites have this type of format. I did an unscientific study for a month
comparing those ads( from the same states) which had "top billing" to those
at the bottom of the page. the hit difference was about 200 in just one
month yet we all pay the same amount! companies shell out big bucks to have
prime advertising space..we pay more for a Review ad if we request the
inside covers or back covers..this would indicate that ad placement
matters. I designed the artistic part of my own site and Liz Leshhorn put
it together for me and is great at updating the site accurately and in a
timely manner..Most puppy inquiries I get also include a complement on our
site. People like to go to sites that are visually pleasing. I will
volunteer to put the artistic portion together of the GSDCA site
together..if someone can do the tech part. the PC site is the first
impression the many get of the GSDCA..it needs to look sharp, classy and
professional.and.be easy to navigate for non PC members as it looks now..it
doesn't make that impression! Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your question
on Yahoo! Answers.