[ SHOWGSD-L ] MAJOR AND NEW CHAMPION!!!

  • From: Zoa Rockenstein <zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 08:35:29 -0800 (PST)

OH, FRABJOUS DAY!!!  LUKE FINISHED HIS CHAMPIONSHIP IN INDY THIS MORNING WITH
A MAJOR!!!!  He is now Ch. RiverRock's Heart of the Matter (pending AKC
confirmation, of course)!!!!  I am so proud of him and so grateful to everyone
who was/is part of his "village".  I would like to express my gratitude as
follows:

At 8 weeks old, Kent declared him a "keeper".  Since I was over the dog
limit, some wonderful people stepped forward to help.  Chris Lazniak, one of
the
best puppy raisers in the country, kept him for the next critical formative
weeks and made sure that his super temperament and outgoing, friendly
personality toward all creatures, would be a given for life.  Thank you,
Chris!
Martha Simonett agreed to co-own him with me and cared for him until he was
ready to seriously begin his campaign.  She loved him, played with him
everyday,
and kept him in excellent condition.  Thank you, Martha!  After placing second
intermediate dog in the Mid-Atlantic Futurity in some very tough competition,
Luke went to Liz Oster for training and conditioning.  He thinks there is no
one
like Liz, and he is right!  Thank you, Liz, for believing in Luke and for all
of
the love and training that helped make him a champion.  And, finally, there is
Kent.  I hardly know what to say.  It has been wonderful, to say the least.
Thank you for being patient with me, for teaching me so much, and for returning
my numerous calls.  You and Luke are a perfect combination!

Luke is from my "Hearts" litter....Ch. Kenlyn Kaleef's Hudson v Anne Isle X Ch.
RiverRock's Hotel California.  They were due on Valentine's Day, born on Feb
8.  And Luke finished the day before Valentine's Day at just 2 years old.  He
is
truly my Valentine!

Best of all, Luke now gets the forever home he deserves.  Scott Krook, from
Rochester, MN, met Luke, Karla, Callie, and me at the Rochester all-breed a few
months ago.  He followed us to the parking lot and followed up with me later.
He wants to get involved in our wonderful breed at every level, and is taking
Luke home to live with his wonderful family (wife, six children, and their
older
gsd Max).  We will co-own Luke and move forward together as Scott "learns the
ropes".  I am so happy for them and for Luke!  Thank you, Scott, for giving
Luke
the home that every dog deserves.

THANKS FOR READING AND SHARING THIS WONDERDFUL DAY WITH ME!  I HOPE YOUR
VALENTINE'S DAY WILL BE AS GOOD AS MINE!!!

Zoa
Dr. Zoa Rockenstein
www.riverrockshepherds.com

Home of: Ch. RiverRock's Hotel California RN HSAs CHIC (Callie), Ch.
RiverRock's

Heart of the Matter (Luke, co-owned with Scott Krook),RiverRock's Straight From
The Heart PT (Sera), RiverRock's Karla v. Kenlyn (ch. pointed), and Kenlyn's
Nakita (Nikki, co-owned with Kent Boyles).  Proud GSDCA Member and AKC Breeder
of Merit