[ SHOWGSD-L ] M GSD dumped in TN State Park

  • From: "Diane Roberts" <dianeroberts.gsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:07:44 -0500

My name is Rob and I am a National Park Ranger at Chickamauga Nat Military
Park in Chattanooga.  Recently we found two German shepherds wandering
around the park and started taking care of them.  The younger of the two now
has a good home.  However the older, a beautiful black & silver sable  male
needs a home.  I do not want to take this wonderful animal to the local
shelter.  He is exceptionally friendly and well behaved.  He will stay right
with you when walking and if you go inside he will lay down and wait for you
to come back out.  The dog has had a good life and do not know whether he
was turned loose in the park (more than likely) or got loose from a local
owner however no one has claimed him with the notices that have been posted.
Any help or advice you get would be appreciated.  We have a good kennel here
for the dog but will soon be under pressure from supervisors to "get rid of
the dog" (obviously not dog lovers).  Please contact me. Thank you very
much.

Rob Turan
Park Ranger

I do have photos of the dog.  Can anyone help this boy.

Diane Roberts
Majestic German Shepherds (puppies available)
Tampa Bay GSD Rescue, Inc       www.tampabaygsdrescue.org
American German Shepherd Rescue Assoc, Inc www.agsra.com
Riverview, FL 33569             813-671-2913