[ SHOWGSD-L ] Love letter to a dog

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 08:51:43 -0800

Crossposted w/permission

It's Valentine's Day. I spent a lot of time on the computer

fighting

 for your rights to have puppies and go down into history.

 Yes, I got your toes trimmed.

 But did you each get a clear eyed look into the soul today? A

really

 meaningful ear scratch? A kiss into your fur? You each deserve to

 know love. You give it SO unendingly.

 When you asked to play by dumping a toy in my lap, I'm sorry I

 didn't get up....

 I guess I did think it was cute when you pulled on the dishtowel

and

 opened the refrigerator door.

 I thought dumping the jar of cookies was less than cute.

 And for the one who stole the stuffed bird off the

counter....REALLY

 not cute. But I can laugh about it now. I had the salad, so what

now

 I'm to be vegan?

 Not.

 But the Humane Society of the United States got more attention

than

 it should today. They promise us 34 states of anti breeding

bills?

 To stop this love?

 It's time I made sure the time YOU get is more balanced than

what I

 give to the Animal Rights fight.

 I know H$U$ is there. I know they want to end all domestic

 animals. "Creatures of human creation."

 And I know that is wrong in a very cold place inside of me.

 Inside I feel this hard part....that is determined to stop this

 evil. How can anyone mean to wipe love off the face of the earth?

 Animal Rights is about hatred....of humans really. Any therapist

 tells you that hatred like that destroys the one who hates.

 I think I need to make sure it doesn't make me hate.

 Yes, I can be determined.....like never before.

 But today is a celebration of love! I promise to take time to

romp

 and play and enjoy what makes life worthwhile!

 And I promise to remember to love every day. Not just today! But

it

 is you furred ones who are the true masters of love. Humans are

just

 learning....

 We need you.

 Now let's go PLAY!