[ SHOWGSD-L ] Louisville Council getting pro bsl e-mails

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:47:14 -0400

  Ok everyone, we need to write letters again.  Please be nice (I know at
this point I don't want to be.  I would also recommend that if you are so
inclined as to mention the slightly biased makeup of the task force.  Just a
thought.  Thanks Sandi

  Hello again everyone,

I just got off the phone with Councilman Bob Henderson, who is solidly
against BSL. He was saying that the council is getting a lot of e-mails from
people who have been attacked by dogs asking for support for BSL. In light
of CM Hamilton's recent addition of pit bull language back into the
ordinance, we need to step up the pressure *against* BSL at this point.

If everyone could send e-mails reminding the Council
-that bsl doesn't work, and doesn't enhance public safety
-that bsl is unconstitutional per the Tellings decision (and others)
-that according to CDC stats, dog bites are a small blip on the horizon of
annual accidental deaths
-that dangerous dog laws that are not breed specific are effective and we
encourage them to pass such

it would help. Please be nice.
Also, please send them the Responsible Dog Owner Initiative!

Addys are available on http://www.louisvilleky.gov/MetroCouncil/default.htm
Also listed below: those that are on the fence or pro bsl have an * by them

1. Leonard.Watkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*2. Barbara.Shanklin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*3. Mary.Woolridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
4. David.Tandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*5. Cheri.Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
6. George.Unseld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
7. Ken.Fleming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
8. Tom.Owen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
9. Tina.Ward-Pugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*10. Jim.King@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
11. Kevin.Kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
12. Rick.Blackwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
13. Vicki.Welch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
14. Bob.Henderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
15. George.Melton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
16. Kelly.Downard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17. Glen.Stuckel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*18. Julie.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
19. Hal.Heiner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
20. Stuart.Benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*21. Dan.Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
*22. Robin.Engel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
23. James.Peden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
24. Madonna.Flood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
25. Doug.Hawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
26. Ellen.Call@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ginger Cleary
He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from
opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that
will reach himself.  ~Thomas Paine
My Ebay site
<http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=ginny2003>
Rome, GA http://www.rihadin.com/