[ SHOWGSD-L ] Lost dog

  • From: "Holly Woods" <hollywoods@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 18:49:49 -0700

We went for a drive today out in the woods to maybe take some wildlife
pictures. I had the turkey in the oven so it was just a nice enough length of
time for a drive. We stopped to check out a lake to see how many hunters or
campers were there and then went on the way home.. About two miles from the
lake we see something black coming down the road.. should have been a bear out
there but it was a dog..Well we went on by wondering what ranch he came from or
where he was going.. He did look at us kind of hopeful when we slowed to pass
him. We kept talking about it and finally about 8 miles further on we turned
around and went back and found him.. He came running up and when I opened the
canopy he couldnt wait to get in.. whining all the time like thank you thank
you .. I was getting tired of walking. We went back to the hunters and asked if
anyone in the camp had a black dog. They said they had seen him about two days
before too , probably in the same area. So he had been out for at least two
days . We told them we would take him to town if anyone came looking. Will take
him to the SPCA tomorrow and see if anyone may have lost him out of the back of
the truck or as I suspect something that often happens in that area is that
they get dropped off from the Reserve nearest to them. He is sure smelly and
was happy to chow down. Have him in a big kennel with a warm dog house filled
with hay. Its been really cold here last couple nights. And no this isnt a GS.
lol.. Hopefully the SPCA can find his owners or a home for him.. Im saving any
empty spots for my next GS. Have two now and dont want to get up past that.
sigggghhhh.. Its been a long time since I had any other breed here. He looks
lab/rotti maybe. Big dog, friendly, scruffy.
Sorry for rambling on. Just kind of sad and why I cant do rescue

Holly Woods