[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Lost Grandson

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 09:35:53 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/2007 11:03:32 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
He  looked
sort of like Johnny, and had some of the same vocal intonations, but  that is
were the similarities stopped. This young man had a clean haircut,  freshly
pressed pants and shirt. For 13 weeks he had been making his bed,  washing
his own clothes, getting up and 5 A.M. and going to bed promptly at  9 P.M.
His room was spotless, his speech clear, loud enough to hear and he  spoke
fluent English. He looked me in the eye as he spoke to me and shook  my hand
vigorously when we met and parted. I was addressed as Sir, as was  every
other male in sight. Women were addressed as  Maim.

David--I had the same type of experience  36 yrs ago when my 18  yr old son
David ,just out of High School,followed his fathers footsteps  into the
Marines. His father had been in the Marine  Medical Corp.  When he came home
from
Boot camp for a break,before being sent overseas,I could  hardly believe it In
full dress Marine uniform,the white gloves in all He had  reached the promotion
of Lance Corporal. I named two dogs for him-Meadowmill's  Private First Class
and Meadowmill's Lance Corporal. He finished his tour  ,without harm,thank
GOD,returned to go to the University of Minn. Any one who  was at last year's
National in St Louis,probably saw him with me He drove me to  be able to
receive
that Gold  50 yr award. He is   a successful  contractor now. Helen Miller
Fisher