[ SHOWGSD-L ] Los Angeles hearing

  • From: "Marie Hicks" <hightorgsd@xxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:24:02 -0800

FYI Mike Antonovich's chief deputy from his main iffice was quoted as saying
(when presented with a plan to establish more homeless shelters)" where do
we get the money for this?"  Yet his office is willing to fund an idiotic
and very expensive dog ordinance???The County is in very real trouble with
shortages for Social Services, ERs, the homeless and the jails.  I think
finances is a key in this fight.  I think Stormy is right get the number of
people with the registered dogs that they have to check and make an educated
guess on how many new officers will be required and how much overtime to do
the job.  There was a cut back on
inspecting kennels and giving the ratings like restaurants (a suggestion
from the new dept. head) as yet this year the inspections which are usually
done Nov/Dec/Jan have not been done.  Speaks well of efficiency!!!
Marie K. Hicks
Hightor German Shepherds
Acton, CA
www.geocities.com/hightorgsd