[ SHOWGSD-L ] Los Angeles Hearing & More Bad News

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Crossroadsgsd@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 17:40:05 -0800

Los Angeles Hearing - mandatory spay/neuter, increase
 I'm not legal minded but it seems to me if we ALL banned together and
started a Class Action Law Suite for violating our rights. They say dogs are
property so why can they force us to do anything. THIS IS AMERICA.
We have RIGHTS..

Paul adds...

I agree Cathleen...but where were you 7 years ago when I sounded the same
alarm? I am not singling you out...but this has been my passion for over 20
years. How many times did I stand up at the general meeting at the National
and alert the PClub Officers and Board to exactly what is happening now at
an unprecedented rate?

That said...the cause is not lost but it will take us ALL pulling together.
RALEEF is the PClub sponsored committee who is working to defeat the ARO's
and their intended legislation...over 2000 pieces this year alone.

Our President Lew Bunch has drafted a letter to other Presidents of other
PClubs requesting they join in our efforts and we form a coalition. He
points out that if the ARO's succeed in their efforts...there won't be a
need for a PClub in any breed. We need to put our efforts on the same level
of the ARO's...without which we will lose.

Before judging today at the Diablo Valley GSDC Specialty I pretty much told
the fanciers the same thing. I was amazed at the lack of interest and
support. I collected about $100 in donations but so many people who have
been in the breed for so many years did nothing...not a sou. If we lose this
battle...the show we spent our day at today...will cease to exist. It was
pretty disheartening...but I am a guy who believes the glass is always 1/2
full.

RALEEF has all of the 9 regions covered and we will be in your face
educating the uneducated and requesting your support. I pray we will be
successful in all of our efforts. If we aren't...we can kiss our
sport...GOODBYE!

The final results are up to YOU...the members and the exhibitors.

Paul Root- Chair
RALEEF- Responsible Animal Legislation Education Effort Federation...