[ SHOWGSD-L ] Lori Hathaway

  • From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 22:05:19 -0500

My heart goes out to the Hathaway family but especially so to Abbey who was her
mother's major supporter throughout Lori's long battle with cancer - a big
responsibility for a young woman and one Abbey handled willingly and well.
Abbey has lost her mom, her business partner, and her best friend and I can
only imagine how hard this is for her.  My thoughts and prayers are with Abbey
and her family and with all of Lori's BFF's in dogs - Terry , Wendy , Susie,
Gail, Brenda  - were among the faces one always saw with Lori and Abbey at
shows.  I know they, along with others,    are heartbroken at Lori's passing
but also thankful that she is no longer suffering and is at peace.

I got to know Lori through Ariel's friendship with Abbey -we had the girls in
common and eventually our individual battles with cancer as well.  I will miss
seeing and talking to Lori -  dog shows will not be the same without her -
there is now a void that will never be filled.   I know she'll be watching us
all from beyond.  And, I don't think it will take Lori long before she has put
Billy to work in heaven handling the Stonewall shepherds that were waiting for
her at the Rainbow Bridge.  I hope Lori remembers to save a seat at ringside
for me.

Godspeed, Lori...

Laurie Pruett