[ SHOWGSD-L ] Loose lead temperament evaluation

  • From: "Edward Anderson" <edmar20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ShowGSD-L" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:43:46 -0500

you should be aware that the "Loose lead temperament test" was renamed the
"Loose lead temperament evaluation" by the Board on the recommendation of
Bob Penny.  This was done to clarify the difference between the "Temperament
test" offered at our National and the simple and subtle procedure define as
the "Loose lead temperament evaluation". The actions described in the posts
of those who witnessed Judge White's  procedure are not included in the
"Evaluation" and how he developed his methods should in no way be correlated
to the procedure recommended in the "Loose lead Temperament evaluation".
There is NO aggressiveness, weird stranger, hugging, body slapping or any
other act defined in the "Evaluation" that any dog of sound character,
regardless of the breed , should find startling.
In Sept. of this year, Diane Mehra, "JEC Chair" contacted all regional clubs
offering a "DVD" copy of the "2003 Judges Seminar" which includes a complete
explanation and demonstration of the "Evaluation".  The cost was $5.
To date only 8 Regional clubs have purchased the "DVD".  I believe that Lew
Bunch has purchased a copy for the PC Club library making it available to
clubs who wish to borrow it.  Perhaps it would be wise to learn the
"Evaluation" procedure  before condemning it.              Ed Anderson