[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Looking for puppy

  • From: Cynthia VanDenBerge <vande001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Show GSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:03:51 -0700 (PDT)

you wrote: " don't know of too many American breeders that can show me or have
seen multiple generations of a breeding"

OMG...let's see, here is a start:
Joan Fox
Barb Amidon
Syd Mailberg
Linda Kofstad
Verna Kubik
Dave Rinke
Dave and Connie Bissonnette

Oh, Sheesh, I give up, there are just too many..the point is that there are a
lot of longtime breeders out there that hae a good historical view of what they
are doing. Cynthia

Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 7/26/2005 8:05:00 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:
I am on an American conformation List, and am true to my own
self.

But Evan, aren't you running for Prez, and there are a lot of GERMAN owning
members in the PC...yes? I don't know of too many American breeders that can
show me or have seen multiple generations of a breeding, in any case you are
still trusting the breeder, regardless of whether the dog is Am or German.
It comes down to breeder integrity, something that can be a problem on either
side, a serious problem. I see problem breeders , borderline puppymillers
all the time, American and German. The dogs are poor quality, with
GENERATIONAL serious problems, that continue to be bred and bred and repeated
and
repeated , ad nauseum, and then sold to an unsuspecting public.
It is also about doing "one's homework" on either side. Look, Ask,
RESEARCH, Look Some More....
Again IMHO, a good dog is simply that, regardless of country of origin.
Kathy

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

http://mail.yahoo.com