[ SHOWGSD-L ] Looking for puppy

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:42:59 EDT

In a message dated 7/26/2005 6:21:22 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, Rbuffdogs
writes:

In a  message dated 7/25/05 12:00:11 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I have  considered replacing my  dog that I have put to sleep, but I am
thinking of  looking more  towards the german line of shepherd.  Any
suggestions from
the  list?

Reconsider.

Evan

WHY?????  We have both German, American Show, and German American
Cross.....the German dogs are great, but then a good dog is a good dog ,  NO
MATTER what
side of the pond it comes from.

Mainly because this is a List for American style conformation  dogs. Also,
when you buy a German dog, you seldom buy from a person who has seen  ten
generations themselves that you can talk to and discuss the  littermates.  You
buy
from what you see, and what you trust the seller is  telling you.  I have seen
a number of good  German lines and some that  I love. But, I like to find a
puppy from a line I have seen twenty years of, and  know the rest of the
breedings.

I would never claim that there aren't great German dogs, there  are. But, to
buy a puppy for a house dog, you are better served to buy from an  American
line that you know a few generations from, and have seen for  yourself.

A good German dog is much better than a bad American dog in  all cases. But,
then again, I am on an American conformation List, and am true  to my own
self.

Actually I prefer the dogs from Bavaria, but they are so hard  to find.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together