[ SHOWGSD-L ] Looking for love in all the wrong places.....

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Showgsd-l' <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:27:15 -0400

I know someone who owns and loves her German Shepherds (has a very small
kennel...no more than 5 dogs at a time) who is involved with a man who
doesn't like dogs!  She's known this man most of her life.  They were
good friends and now the relationship has turned to talks of marriage.
The man is a great guy; steadfast, loyal, hard working and just
wonderful in every other way.  Oh yeah, one more thing.....he likes a
neat and clean house.  I'm sure some of you who are reading this may
have married someone who didn't like dogs either.  I know some people
who this applies to.  My question (or I should say her question) is how
do you make a marriage like this work?  He doesn't even like little
dogs.  He's not an animal hater, (he owned a cat) but he has no interest
in dogs and would never accept them in the house.  So in this case does
the old saying "Love will conquer all' (or something like that) apply?
Getting rid of the guy is not an option......in case any of you were
thinking of that!  LOL,  Barbara