[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Looking for facts on Mega/x-raying

  • From: gsdhope@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 15:48:57 +0000

-------------- Original message from Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx: --------------
> I had a similar experience. I looked at a friend's litter, she thought she
> had one affected puppy...turns out x-rays found ME in 3. That says to me if
> you suspect a ME puppy the entire litter should be x-rayed.
>
> I wonder if in fact we have gotten some dogs in the gene pool that had ME
> but little or no symptoms?
>
> Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
> three generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!
>
> visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

Kathy,
That's why I ponder the question as to whether I (we) should be x-raying for ME
as a routine.   In my case, it was traumatic for me to have to first watch that
one puppy starve and then have to put her down.   The rest of the litter....and
my puppy buyers....had no real problems with it, and as far as I know, lived
normal life spans.
--
Hope
Daystar German Shepherds