[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Looking for facts on Mega/x-raying

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: gsdhope@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:44:20 EDT

In a message dated 7/16/2007 1:15:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gsdhope@xxxxxxx writes:
Just to  add my experience....many years ago I had a litter of 5 puppies.  At
 weaning I noticed the "tell tale" regurgitation on two of the puppies.  I
took them to the Vet and confirmed that they had ME.   My Vet  suggested we do
Barium X-rays on the other 3.  The x-rays showed that ALL  5 puppies had ME to
some extent...some worse than one of the puppies that was  showing symptoms.

I had a similar experience.  I looked at a friend's litter, she  thought she
had one affected puppy...turns out x-rays found ME in 3.  That  says to me if
you suspect a ME puppy the entire litter should be x-rayed.

I wonder if in fact we have gotten some dogs in the gene pool that had ME
but little or no symptoms?

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds