[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Looking for facts on Mega

  • From: "Lindenhill German Shepherds" <Lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <brineyc@xxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 11:51:26 -0500

Carolyn, at this time a genetic marker has not been identified for mega in
canines that I am aware of. Our experience has led us to believe that the
inheritance of mega is a simple recessive(blue eyes in humans, long coats in
dogs).

Perhaps we should start a new stud dog list, of those that have not produced
a Mega to go along with the Black Recessives, and Long Coat free lists.