[ SHOWGSD-L ] Looking for a handler Greensboro NC 8/11-8/12

  • From: "MELISSA SCHNEIDER" <c_m_schneider2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 19:07:05 -0400

Am- bred dog...........Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks in advance, Melissa

C. Melissa Schneider

159 Woodwinds Dr.

Mooresville, NC 28115

704.662.3663 / 704.361.7254

From: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: showgsd-l digest users <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: showgsd-l Digest V4 #2943
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 17:18:23 -0400 (EDT)

freelist<mailto:showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2007 8:37 AM
>Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Board meeting nationals update
>

>they are still working on it...it was discussed at length Saturday and will
be again today...I flew home late last night...Ed

>anthony amoroso <triplea7@xxxxxxx<mailto:triplea7@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
>Now that the cheering is complete on the National Show sites.
>Did Lew bring up my beloved "Breeders &Members Code of Ethics"
>He promised he would. Did it pass ?
>I don't have another 35 years to bring it up again.
>Tony Amoroso

theShowgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

>VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

>POST is Copyrighted 2007. All material remains the property of the original
theShowgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

>VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

>------------------------------
>
>Msg: #4 in digest
>From: Halwend@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: FW: HSUS ... 2006 ANNUAL REPORT
>Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 17:28:08 +0000

the HSUS has expensed only $6.6 mil for animal care facilities!!

>Additionally, they have expensed the following:
>
>$17.5 mil for campaigns, litigation, and legislation
>
>$11.6 mil for strategic communication
>
>$14.1 mil for fund raising
>

>http://www.hsus.org/web-files/PDF/annual_report_2006.pdf
>

>Brat Zinsmaster
>
>HSUS Disclaimer: â??HSUS is not affiliated with, nor is it a parent
organization for, local humane societies, animal shelters, or animal care
andcontrol agencies. These are independent organizations. HSUS does not
operate or have direct control over any animal shelter.â??

>__._,_.___

>Government grants for women Government grants for new business
>

>Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
>Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
>Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to
FullyFeatured
>Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe
>

>__,_._,___
>

>Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.
>

>------------------------------
>
>Msg: #5 in digest
>From: Kelly Salava <kellysalava@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: BIG Canada Brag and New TC
>Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 13:38:44 -0500
>
>showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx weekend our "Maizy" became Canadian CH American
CH BIF Marquis' All About Me, TC at the Lakehead Kennel Club in Thunder Bay.
Thank you to judges Thomas Touzel, Olga Gagne and Christopher Neilson. Maizy
came home as a new CH and 2 Group wins. Thank you to her handler, Liz Oster
and my parents, Roger &Linda, for driving up to Canada and taking such great
care of Maizy. I wish I could have seen her wins. Liz and my parents said
they had a wonderful time in Thunder Bay and everyone was very nice and
supportive. Thank you for all the nice comments on Maizy.

>My second brag is pretty belated, so sorry about that. Two weekends ago,
July 21st, Maizy passed her GSDCA Temperament Test under evaluator Gene
Gray.The GSDC of Mpls/St. Paul did a wonderful job putting this test
together. We had a great entry and wonderful weather. Thank you to Gene Gray
for flying in and evaluating all of our dogs. Gene is a great guy that truly
cares about our breed.

>Thanks for listening,
>
>Kelly Salava in MN
>Trio Shepherds
>
>------------------------------
>
>Msg: #6 in digest
>From: CDRHVN@xxxxxxx
>Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 14:54:12 EDT
>Subject: RV parking
>
>Does anyone know if there is any parking at or close to the nationals this
>year? If so do you know how to contact them? Thanks. Brenda Piele
>

>************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL
at
>http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour
>

>------------------------------
>
>Msg: #7 in digest
>Subject: Yee Haa!!!
>Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 15:10:29 -0400
>From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
>
>I am so excited!!!!? I contacted a photographer for something else and we
got to talking.? Turns out she did not know I had GSD's as she was the
photographer of my Dutch Shepherd at an ARBA show.? Anyway, she is shooting
aseries for Dog Fancy magazine on training.? Anyway, she wants my girl Charm
for the Cover!!!!!!? How cool is that?? I told her about Charm and her 2004
Hero Dog, Good Will Ambassador award.??This started out as a wanting her for
a therapy dog shot.? Then when she found out she was titled in
obedience/Rally/Herding as well, she went to my website to see her.??That is
when she told me she wants her for the Cover.??
>Charm is not a show dog.? She is German lines?and very pretty.? She has
donemovies too.? Charm has accomplished quite a bit in her 8 years of life.?
She is helicopter and crisis response trained.? She is a great Ambassador of
our breed. And, going back to Cyndi's post about how we can educate JQP and
change their view on the GSD, this is an awesome opportunity.? I am so
thrilled to get this opportunity.? I hope she makes the cover.? But, this is
Hollywood, so who knows :-)??Fingers crossed.

>Laura Thomas??
>AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from
AOL at AOL.com.

>------------------------------
>
>Msg: #8 in digest
>From: "David Bissonnette" <jecoda@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: George "Butch" Fisher
>Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 14:52:25 -0500
>
>I am sad to announce the passing of long time German Shepherd Dog Club of
Minneapolis and St. Paul member George "Butch" Fisher. Butch and his wife
Linda were active in showing and breeding GSDs as Willoway German Shepherds
for the past 20 years. They had many champions and obedience dogs.
> [...]
>

>------------------------------
>
>Msg: #10 in digest
>From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
>Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:52:49 EDT
>Subject: Supreme Court Upholds Toledo's Pit Bull Ordinance..long
>
>This has NOT been checked out by me...will when I get time :-)
>STormy
>
>Supreme Court Upholds Toledo's Pit Bull Ordinance
>

>Aug 1, 2007 01:43 PM EDT
>
>COLUMBUS -- It's a victory in court for Toledo's pit bull ordinance.  The
>Supreme Court of Ohio ruled on Wednesday that a Toledo city ordinance that
>restricts and regulates the ownership of pit bull dogs does not violate the
>constitutional rights of dog owners.
>
>In a 7-0 decision authored by Chief Justice Thomas J. Moyer, the Court
>reversed rulings of the 6th District Court of Appeals that held the
>challenged laws unconstitutional.
>
>The case involved Paul Tellings of Toledo, who was cited by a dog warden.
>The ordinances say that dog owners can only own one pit bull, and when they
>have it out of the house, they must keep it muzzled.  Tellings entered a
>plea of not guilty in Toledo Municipal Court, then challenged the laws,
>saying they're unconstitutional.
>
>Tellings challenged the part of the law that defines a "vicious dog."  The
>trial court had extensive hearings, then rules that as a breed, pit bulls
>are not more dangerous than other breeds, but evidence supported the city's
>claim that pit bulls are dangerous in an urban setting.
>
>Based on that finding, the municipal court ruled the laws were
>constitutional.  Tellings appealed to the 6th District Court of Appeals,
>which reversed the municipal court's decision.  The city appealed to the
>Supreme Court, and today's ruling allows the laws to stand.
>
>In the court's opinion, Chief Justice Moyer wrote:
>
>"The trial court cited the substantial evidence supporting its conclusion
>that pit bulls, compared to other breeds, cause a disproportionate amount
of
>danger to people.  The chief dog warden of Lucas County testified that: (1)
>when pit bulls attack, they are more likely to inflict severe damage to
>their victim than other breeds of dogs; (2) pit bulls have killed more
>Ohioans than any other breed of dog; (3) Toledo police officers fire their
>weapons in the line of duty at pit bulls more often than they fire weapons
>at people and all other breeds of dogs combined; (4) pit bulls are
>frequently shot during drug raids because pit bulls are encountered more
>frequently in drug raids than any other dog breed.... The evidence
presented
>in the trial court supports the conclusion that pit bulls pose a serious
>danger to the safety of citizens.  The state and the city have a legitimate
>interest in protecting citizens from the danger posed by this breed of
>domestic dogs."
>
>Chief Justice Moyer's opinion was joined by Justices Paul E. Pfeifer,
Evelyn
>Lundberg Stratton, Terrence O'Donnell, Judith Ann Lanzinger and Robert R.
>Cupp.
>
>Justice Maureen O'Connor concurred in judgment only, and entered a separate
>opinion expressing her "disapproval" of the provision of state law
>classifying all pit bulls as "vicious dogs." She wrote that data cited by
>the trial court regarding pit bull attacks did not reflect inherent violent
>characteristics of the breed but rather arose from deliberate efforts by
>some owners, including drug dealers, to increase a dog's aggression and
>lethalness through abuse or aberrant training.
>
>"Almost all domestic animals can cause significant injuries to humans, and
>it is proper to require that all domestic animals be maintained and
>controlled. Laws to that effect are eminently reasonable for the safety of
>citizens and of the animal," wrote Justice O'Connor. "Because the danger
>posed by vicious dogs and pit bulls arises from the owner's failure to
>safely control the animal, rational legislation should focus on the owner
of
>the dog rather than the specific breed that is owned."
>
>On the Web:
>Opinion: www.supremecourtofohio.gov/rod/newpdf/0/2007/2007-Ohio-3724.pdf
>

>~~~~~~~~
>Stormy Hope
>California Federation of Dog Clubs
>www.cfodconline.org

>Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at
>http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour

>End of showgsd-l Digest V4 #2943

See what you?re getting into?before you go there [1]

--- Links ---
   1 http://g.msn.com/8HMBENUS/2749??PS=47575