[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Look-alike Shepherds

  • From: DestinoGS1@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 14:47:06 EST

Having been to the last two German Sieger Shows the following is my
observation.  The breed is not cookie cutter in Germany.  They do look
different from
one another, just like my German Imports do not look alike.  What they all seem
to have in common is good feet, bone, substance, endurance, strong backs( not
roached), Proper body proporations, heads that fit their sex, clean coming
and going, strong ears, full mouths, good pigment, good strong character, gun
sure, they are not nervous and jumping about in the ring,  and the will to keep
performing for hours.  What they lack is front reach and proper croups.  It
seems to me that there is a solution to alot of our problems.  Breed to the
best
German bred dog that you can find here in the USA.  They will help us to
improve the short comings of our dogs.  Take your best fronts and croups and
they
will supply the rest.  I have nine American bred dogs and two German imports.
I have a plan.  JMO, Mary Gattone