[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Look-alike Shepherds

  • From: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx, vomkristallaugen@xxxxxxxxxxx, Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 07:43:56 -0800 (PST)

I commented on the same thing at this year's National. You could have almost
put all the progeny together in the middle of the ring and put them with their
sire. Most of the dogs produced very uniform progeny. Ann
tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:  Agreed. However, even with a uniform type you can
see differences in the stud dog classes. Each sire stamps a 'style' that is
easily differentiated. What amazed me is the kennel groups. Dogs from the same
kennel but totally unrelated. The class is judged on UNIFORITY of STYLE of the
animals. It is amazing how breeders can select totally unrelated animals and
still maintain a style that is recognizable and associated with their
particular kennel. I will say that the VA dogs are hard to tell apart at a
distance - they are so similar in style.
For everyone who says German Shepherds cannot be a 'cookie cutter' breed I say,
visit the Seiger Show and look at the breed in their country of origin!

Suzanne
www.tsalishepherds.com
Home of Ch Cookie HT PT RN TC CGC, Ch Flair, BIS/BISS Ch Yancy HIC HT PT RA CD
TC CGC BH, Ch Flash, Ch Mousser, Tess [150 PLUS ROM points/40 ATAA points], and
Lil' Miss Gilli RN[Mjr Res Winner]! Website updated 08/06

> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Look-alike Shepherds
>
> I recall a breeder who attends the Sieger show regularly remark on how
> much the German bred dogs resemble each other. Is this still the case,
> or have things changed, there? Doris E

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Ann
www.edangsd.com
Home of 2006 #1 Fut-Mat Producing Dam, 2005 #1 Major Producing Dam, 2005 #1 New
ROM Dam  I'VE GOT IT ALL OF EDAN ROM
Breeder-owner of 60 Champions and 16 ROM's
I've Got Rollins ROM-I've Got It All of Edan ROM puppies