[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Long-eared Legend etc.

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsdramey@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:44:18 -0400

Reminds me of a night a friend in California, his wife, his sister, and
I went out to dinner at a pretty fancy restaurant.  My friend is a
handler (and at that time, didn't show any breeds I judged), and his
sister bred Dachshunds (which I also don't judge).  Of course our
conversation was all about dogs, dog shows, and breeding...and while we
were discussing the intimate details of handling matings for reluctant
stud dogs, I guess we got a little loud.  We suddenly realized that
there was no other conversation going on in the place...and we stole a
few glances around, to find that everyone within earshot was sitting
sort of tilted towards our table......
    We were NOT asked to leave, but we thought we would be...it was a
pretty funny experience!
Peggy