[ SHOWGSD-L ] Long....YES Voters NO Voters

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>, <Gsdman2@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 21:59:25 -0700

I've been off the List again for days because of server problems and this post
surprises me!!!
I do not see the Club as having a great "SPLIT" nor war......nor do I see that
among our Board
members.  Do we disagree and vote differently.........OH YEAH!!    But that's
"the American way" .....
Will we make mistakes.......OH YEAH!!     Will we pay for those
mistakes.........OH YEAH!!!

BUT....I must have dozed off again because I see no "civil war" anywhere??

Does the List get inflamed.........OH YEAH!!
But it does seem to be the nature of the beast because we have so many
different people from
all areas that don't know each other and seem so "ready"  to take the ball
tossed out..... and
"RUN WITH IT".......that's "the human nature way".......
Should we judge the German Shepherd Dog Club of America, Inc.  by this
List............OH NO!!!
Too many on this List that are not members, are not involved in the activities
of the Parent  Club
nor the WDA, nor WDS, nor herding, nor Rally, nor Rescue, nor Obedience, nor
Conformation,
and many may not even be involved in a Local German Shepherd Dog Club!!
What a shame.     Easy to sit in a room and type.......

Should we hang our hats on everything said on this List.    NOPE!!!
Should we condemn this  List and those on it and their opinions...........NO
WAY!!!
Learn to appreciate those who question,  speak up,  and speak out!!   We need
them!!
Learn to ignore those who get into a frenzy of hatred and emotional
arguing.....delete them.
This List is a valuable tool of communication and that one single fact should
never be forgotten!!!
It is like a newspaper.......read it......know the issues........then know WHY
you pick a point of view.
If you should be more involved in the Club,  the Breed,  the Shows, Herding,
handling, Rally,
Obedience, Rescue, mentoring....being mentored, advice, wisdom, help, learning,
fighting bad Legislation......make yourselves known on this List, get  to know
others in the Breed personally
and for Heaven's sake..........JOIN A LOCAL CLUB!!
JOIN THE PARENT CLUB.......stand up and be counted ........help the breed you
claim to love
and the Clubs and Organizations  that keep it all together!
Don't ask why should I join a Club or the GSDCA, Inc..........CARE ENOUGH TO
JOIN!!!

The Breed is not "going to hell in a handbasket".......it's in pretty good
shape.
The shows are not falling apart and everyone leaving all Conformation shows for
WDA
and WDS.    Many  are getting more involved in many venues like Rally, Herding,
 Rescue, or
whatever.   It is not all about just  the Conformation ring anymore.....but
WITHOUT IT.......and
without Specialty Shows and Specialty Clubs......we will lose this Breed.
It all starts with the Standard .......and your dog......and you!

Carolyn    marhaven@jps,net
www.Marhaven.com