[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Long coat poll

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 20:59:52 -0700

I don't think a missing tooth or a ring tail or down/ weak ears affect their
working ability,
temperament, health or movement either...........??
Counting the 5 major reserve class I suggested.......that would be five more
classes if
we start developing 'fault' classes.
Surely there is MORE we can do...... more trophies ......  more time.....more
faults....
( Having tried to clean ice balls and stickers out of a long coat IS a
workability!  ) <G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Seems we are constantly falling into the mode of 'lowering the bar' all the
time now.
  Sure seems like a waste of time and trophies to me......as I sure don't know
of anyone
  that keeps a long coat to show it. Most keep them to breed for the qualities
they
  might have that are needed in a breeding program.

  We were all laughing about it today at a show......and decided there should
be a class
  for dogs with more than 5 major Reserves also   <G>