[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Long Coats - Change - Germany

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ELG440@xxxxxxx" <elg440@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 20:39:03 -0700

Evan,
It is no secret to anyone that you do not like the Germans, the way they
do anything in dogs for the most part, or the dogs.  Keep in mind my hubby
is German , lol.
I do have some understanding as why you with your family history would like
dis include or involve any idea that may have originated in Germany.  I
cannot
actually understand your history as I do not have it...however I can in
fact understand
the long time dislike of something that caused so much pain .....I can.
However, this is about INCLUDING and making it easier for people to compete.
I see every show weekend, somewhere,  dogs with HUGE faults of gait , and
type going up.
HUGE.  Not all by any stretch, but we have all seen them, groaned and
scratched our heads.
We have all been there.
So to encourage people to show a coated dog, is in that vein, not so bad.
 It may increase
participation (especially by pet owners that were sold "Mr Perfect Except a
Coat".
It may help flailing clubs get more members, and more entries.  It may help
our National which
is growing smaller and smaller.  It may increase Membership..equalling new
people!

I can think of no valid reason, not one , not to do this.
The fact that the Germans , Dutch, Italians , and our own WDA do it,
aside...
It could be quite good for the club and the breed and new comers.

By the way, how is that gorgeous red Mercedes you drive, let's see that is
an American car, right?
Only teasing..I love them too..and Porsches...wow.
Kathy

*http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com*
*Updated: May 2012*
*CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
**CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle *
*RBIF Monarch's Tarragon v Kaleef*
*
*
*"Victory...*Vires et honestas"