[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Long Coat Class @ The Nationals

  • From: Helen Franklin <helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jkeene2005@xxxxxxxxxxx, SHOWGSD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 00:08:12 -0400 (EDT)

"this is the validity"  Helen

-----Original Message-----
From: Jessica Keene <jkeene2005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: helenfranklin520 <helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx>; showgsd-l
<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Jun 19, 2012 8:59 pm
Subject: RE: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Long Coat Class @ The Nationals

Not to argue but the difference is, there is not a class to parade dogs holding
faults in the breed, they may be there, but there we would never have a class
for dogs with missing teeth, or improper movement, or blues and livers and
fawns. The fact is, that although yes people can show these dogs as it is only
a "fault" we as a breed should not be promoting the breeding of a fault. Not to
say there are not gorgeous long coats, and very well producing long coats,
there is nothing wrong with showing them, it is only a fault, but they should
have to compete on a playing field where their fault just happens to stand out
a little more that that of the others being shown, at the end of the day, only
judge will decide the severity of the fault versus the faults of the other
animals being exhibited, but I do not think it would be a good choice to
promote a fault listed in the standard, by providing them a class to compete in
of their own. Just my opinion.

Jessica Keene
http://www.gsdjunior.webs.com