[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Long Coat Class @ The National

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, SHOWGSD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 20:37:10 -0400 (EDT)

No, it sounds like we need better educated judges that can tell the
difference between a very serious fault, a serious fault and a fault.  And  for
everyone to start showing those magnificent long coated GSD's and put their
money where their mouth is.  Because there are some beautiful long  coats out
there, I've seen them.

I remember Kodachrome....what a bitch!  Sharlonna also had a LOVELY  coated
bitch out of Glass Palace, she showed her in DelMar....she was to die  for!

* Ileana  *
Love me, love my dogs.

In a message dated 6/19/2012 8:28:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx writes:

We need  a separate class for long coats because they appear
to be very different  from regular coated dogs.  All breed and
most Specialty judges are not  used to seeing them and therefor
due to the unusual appearance, are  unlikely to consider the
dogs for an award.  However, if the coated  dog was in a class
with all coated dogs, the judge could then concentrate  on
structure and movement only and not be distracted by the
unusual  appearance of one dog to another.
I believe that "Muggles" (do see Ann  Shultz picture) could
easily be a Grand Victrix and I would stand and  applaud.
Helen Franklin

I thought they could  be shown at the  AKC shows.  Why do we need  a class
for them?  Or, should  we have a show for long coats and have a Long  Coat
Victrix?
What does a separate class do?  I still am looking for an   answer.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and  Temperament  come  together

In a message dated 6/19/12 3:42:24 P.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
helenfranklin520@xxxxxxx  writes:

Long  Coat Class:  An idea whose time has come!   Some of the
most  magnificent animals Iâ??ve seen were long coats.   Kudoâ??s
to those who  are considering adding them to our  Nationals.
Without long coats in our  breeding programs, we would  not
have the beautiful plush coats that we have  today, but  instead
we would have all tight coated dogs.  We NEED long  coats
to correct lines lacking coat, but few realize this fact.  Look   at
the Edan bitch, dam of 11 ROM progenyâ?¦need I say more.
I would give  a  BOB to a coat the quality of that bitch without
thinking twiceâ?¦we  need to  see more of   them.

===========================================================================P
OST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the
original
kind
are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND of  the

Each Author is  responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
and its
administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions expressed
in any
post.

ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,  REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY
MANNER
OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON  SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION
OF ALL
PARTIES TO THE POST AND  THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS
VIOLATION OF LAW.  VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

For assistance,  please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org

 is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.