[ SHOWGSD-L ] Logic is not always right

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 14:16:09 EDT

In a message dated 7/12/10 9:15:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx writes:

What do  other  think, should it be necessary for a judge to mark N/A
when an  animal is not  eligible?

Lee's problem is that his premise is wrong. He thinks the actions of  the
AKC have to make sense. They don't have to, and sometimes don't.

I don't think they have figured out yet what to do with the Veteran who may
 or may not be a champion. You can't ask anyone about the status while in
the  ring, and if you award them to the Veteran, who is not a champion, they
are  wasted points.  The AKC says they will just take away the Grand
Champion  points.

These details will work out, but pending that we just have to do the best
we can.  Lee was right, in that his BOB was not finished, so he couldn't
award the points. So far, and in a normal world would not have to write in
NA.  No one has said if in a case like that, if you can then give two  female
champions the Grand Champion Points.  I have heard it answered both  ways
and the last time I called the AKC, I got two different answers from two
different people.

And they say judging isn't fun!

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together