[ SHOWGSD-L ] Location.

  • From: ALL4MORIAH@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 20:00:34 EDT

I don't think the location has anything to do with the entries being way
down.

Look at 90% of the all breed shows. At this time last year our club had
over 50 RVs booked. This year =10.

Reserved grooming is about 1/2 from same time as last year with only 1 and
1/2 weeks to closing.

I don't think the little guy isn't going because of the competition. In
this economic crisis most just can't afford the enormous handling fees for the
 National. Now before anyone kicks my behind, I'm not saying they aren't
worth it. It's just not affordable for the average guy.

I would love to be there. My son lives there in South Jordan. However I'm
Treas. and Show Chair for our show
and just couldn't take off and hope to get back in time to put on our show.

On another note , we had 3 people in our club sell off all their dogs and
get out of showing because of AKC's mix breed invitations as well as
excepting  all the bogus registrations of other registries. One of these
breeders
have been  in  it  over 40 years with some of the top Shibas in the country.
They  sold a dog on limited registration. Never signed off on the dog. So
the people  sold the dog to someone in Canada. They turned around and applied
for reg. with  AKC and got it. The original breeder turned it in to AKC was
basically  told to bad, so sad.

That is what is hurting our entries and involvement from club  members.
JMO  Judi Bendt