[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Local Clubs and National Site

  • From: "Joan Fox" <campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <TISHW@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:23:18 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

The rub comes in when because we are a small group and not important to a
larger COC. They can't or don't want to pay for Debby. . We talk about the
hub cities. Well those are the big COC as well. We are insignificant.
Wilmington , Ohio for instance is a small town. I doubt they would pay Debby
s way.
So why not utilize the local club members? The criteria for sites is readily
available for all to read on the PC website. The exhibitors I know can sure
critique a site and what is needed.
A committee of people could sure help in all this under a Chairperson.

This a major problem for the club and probably the biggest concern for the
last few years for the membership. It is not going to cure itself and
probably will get worse.
Just think about the airline bankrupcy situations.
If we don't find accessable sites for the majority of the exhibitors we will
be looking at cutting in maby areas of the club.