[ SHOWGSD-L ] Live long and prosper

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 11:55:45 EST

In a message dated 12/4/2004 10:24:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx writes:
t there  a some of us, several on this List... who see a much different,
darker  picture, from the information we are gathering and privy  too,

Everyone has a right to see things their own way. But, those  who show and
breed, often have a more realistic view of the show ring and the  breeding
arena.  It is easy to sit back, gather what information you want  to justify a
position, but the reality is from those involved.

I admire Barbara who has asked that anyone with health  problems to contact
her.  It might be better to ask for everyone who breeds  with healthy dogs to
contact her as well and then she would have the information  to decide the true
state of the breed.

There is nothing wrong with seeing things in a perspective  that may be
slanted one way or the other, but reality is what is going on, not  an opinion.
 If
you want to know the state of the breed ask the Fords,  Fred, Rinke, Barbara,
or others involved in the current breeding and showing,  who also were
involved twenty or thirty years ago.

It is not going to encourage new people to hear that the  breed, after 100
years of trying to improve our dogs, has now gone to hell, and  we have failed
to reach any goals, or that it was so much better 30 years ago,  and all our
dogs die young.  Seeing things one way or the other does not  help the future
of
our breed, only continuing to work towards improvement will  do that,
something breeders and exhibitors have done for years, and many  continue to do.

I know not one single breeder who is breeding for weaker,  sicker, or
defective dogs.  And, I know a lot of breeders.

If you ask Lissa, I am sure she will tell you from the  continued new members
of the 13 club, that our dogs are living longer and are  healthier.
Evidently if you ask Barbara, who is gathering information of  problems in the
breed,
she sees it the other way.

Both have a right to their opinions, and that is what they  are, opinions.  I
have mine.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together