[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Liv McLea (1950 - 2010)

  • From: "Kathy Partch" <jokaysedona@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 08:52:29 -0700

Mary -Anne, always difficult to hear these things.

My condolences to this sad news,  Kathy Partch & Koda

Received the sad news today that Liv McLea of Sault Ste Marie, ON, noted
German Shepherd Dog breeder and trainer under the Leevenrob Kennels name,
died yesterday from complications from leukemia.  I spent a major amount of
time with her in the last three months while she was battling this cancer
and she taught me so much, both about the breed that we both love and about
facing disaster with guts and equanimity.
The last time that we spoke, she said that she was going to try to make it
to her birthday so that we could all celebrate with a DQ cake.    Her
birthday is today so even if you don't have a slice of cake, please all take
a moment to hug your dogs today.  We've lost another of the good ones...
To quote Stevie Ray Vaugn, "The Sky is Crying" and so am I.  Our Viking
Warrier Queen has left a void in my heart and this world.
Mary-Anne