[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Litter Vaccination Schedule

  • From: "myjoygs@xxxxxxx" <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>
  • To: scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 08:33:17 -0500 (EST)

you are correct in stating that over vaccinating is a problem.  However, not
giving a puppy its first shot until 8 or 9 weeks is gambling in my opinion that
they won't come down with Parvo.  I like to ideally have at least two shots in
my pups before they leave so 6 or 7 weeks is when I give them their first shots
and then 3 weeks later their second.  Rabies I give separably from the other
shots and usually not until they are 6 months or close to.  I also do not
vaccinate my older dogs after 7 years of age, except rabies which is by law
required.

MYJOY SHEPHERDS
Joyce Willis