[ SHOWGSD-L ] Listen to whom?

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 17:59:32 EDT

In a message dated 10/21/05 10:12:41 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Why is  the Stud Dog always to blame?? There are 2
parents!

I used Paul's post since he is always right. When you are talking about the
influence of the judges on the breed, you must talk about the dogs.  No
matter how much winning the bitch does, only her owner can breed to her. In
that
case the judge has no influence, the owner/breeder is the person who impact
what  bitch is used.

I don't agree, (surprise) that the judge is the person to determine the
future of the breed. The intellegent breeder, (is that a contradiction?) should

not care who or what the judge says, he or she should breed to the dog that
will  give the best genetics to the puppies.  If people only bred to the
winners,
 they would wait to see who wins at the national and only use those dogs.

I can't prove it, but I doubt that the GV accounts for 1% of the  litters.  I
know a number of top breeders including Paul and  Jennifer.  I don't find
them to be all that influenced by what the judges  have to say.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together