[ SHOWGSD-L ] Listen and learn

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 09:58:46 -0400

I was going to add something about Helen's post the last time I posted, but I
didn't do it. The reason I didn't was that I have such great respect and
friendship for Helen, I didn't want to look like I was picking on her. But, it
has bothered me, so I am going to say it.

Helen said, "so listen to no one". That, to me is the worst advice we could
get. Listen to everyone. Don't agree with everyone, don't accept what everyone
says, but please do listen. There is no way to learn everything without
listening to others. Then form your own opinions.

What candidates put on the net, or in letters, (we probably will get a mailer
soon), isn't the best way to learn who to vote for. No one is going to say, "I
advocate drowning puppies that have bad bites". They are going to provide
those statements as to what will get them elected. So, you have to listen to
everyone not just read what someone says to get you vote, and in that way have
an informed opinion.

Since I have known Helen for over 30 years and been fortunate enough to be
allowed to call her my friend, I think she didn't mean it the way it came out.
But, I urge you to not refuse to listen to no one, but rather to use everyone's
opinions, then come to your own conclusion.

Evan